The Grand Junction Symphony Guild is devoted to raising funds for the support and promotion of the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra. Members of the Guild conduct a wide variety of fundraising events throughout the year to which the community is invited to attend. Guild financial support also enables the orchestra to provide various educational activities for the community.
Guild meetings are usually held on Friday mornings before each Classics weekend. The meeting begins with light refreshments, followed by a general business meeting. A highlight of the meeting is the presentation made Music Director Charles Latshaw and guest artist(s) who have been invited to preview the upcoming performance for the Guild members.
The Guild’s Fundraising Supports:
- Symphony Support: Each season the Guild is able to partially underwrite a concert.
- Young Artists Competition: The competition is open to musical artists under the age of 25 who compete for a guest artist spot with the orchestra as well as a cash prize.
- Instrument Petting Zoo: This wonderful project provides students of all ages the opportunity to learn about instruments of the orchestra and try them out.
- Children’s Concert : Funds raised by the Guild allow the orchestra to perform an annual school concert for area school children. Guild members enjoy ushering at this concert.
- Crystal Baton: Students in 6th through 8th grades are invited to enter an original composition for review by a panel of professional musicians. The winning piece is then arranged, orchestrated and performed by the Symphony. The “composer” receives a crystal baton and a bound copy of the score.
- Concerts in the Classroom: Each spring small groups of Symphony musicians perform for area school children in the orchestra’s Concerts in the Classroom program.
The Guild’s Fundraising Events:
- Brats in the Park is our kick off fundraiser held in conjunction with the Symphony’s An Evening Under the Stars. During this concert the Guild sells bratwurst and sauerkraut, hot dogs, popcorn and beverages to concertgoers while they enjoy the sounds of the Symphony.
- Candlelight Dinner: The Guild invites members and friends to Two Rivers Winery and Chateau to celebrate the holiday season in an intimate candlelight setting. Appetizers start the evening followed by an excellent dinner and a wide selection of wines. The evening ends with music provided by local musicians.
- Springfest Luncheon and Fashion Show. This popular luncheon held at Two Rivers Winery and Chateau at is filled with music, wine, door prizes and fabulous fashion s of the season.
Throughout the year there are other fun fundraising events planned. Please contact the Grand Junction Symphony office for information on becoming a member. 970-243- 6787.